ULX

Author Topic: UPS - Ulysses Prop Share  (Read 369576 times)

Offline Cornflake

Re: UPS - Ulysses Prop Share
« Reply #180 on: September 26, 2008, 07:37:57 PM »
Where could the config be located? Earlier I thought there might be a problem with that, so i looked, and couldn't find any config files for it anywhere in my server's files. I didn't see any .Lua files explicitly named 'config' either  ???

Offline Megiddo

• Ulysses Team Member
  • Project Lead
« Reply #181 on: September 26, 2008, 10:45:06 PM »
server.cfg is where it saves.
Experiencing God's grace one day at a time.

Offline Sc00by22

« Reply #182 on: September 27, 2008, 09:11:43 AM »
Mine saves in gmod_cvars_sv.txt

Offline Megiddo

• Ulysses Team Member
  • Project Lead
« Reply #183 on: September 27, 2008, 04:45:49 PM »
Thanks scooby! I just figured he hooked into the regular cvars. :P

Offline Cornflake

« Reply #184 on: September 28, 2008, 12:55:40 AM »
Hmmm, for some reason UPS isn't generating a config file for me. I looked everywhere for gmod_cvars_sv.txt and couldn't find it... that explains why the settings aren't saving. I wonder what could be causing this?

Also, I found another bug:
  • When 'Admins subject to restrictions' is unchecked and world entity protection is off, it won't allow admins to touch world props at all. This makes it a bit frustrating if you want to be unrestricted AND have world protection off.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2008, 01:33:42 AM by Cornflake »

Disturbd

« Reply #185 on: October 08, 2008, 04:09:02 PM »
I was stupid one day and deleted the admin commmands that I noticed were put into the groups.txt file for ULX.
Could you tell me what commands are added to that file for UPS to work?
I can't set the values of different things as an admin.

Offline Megiddo

• Ulysses Team Member
  • Project Lead
« Reply #186 on: October 08, 2008, 07:38:10 PM »
Delete misc_registered.txt and restart your server

Offline Enrico42

« Reply #187 on: October 16, 2008, 08:09:56 AM »
Hi, can you tell me or set the default values? I would like to change

please, thank you

Offline CaptainMaim

« Reply #188 on: November 20, 2008, 11:39:59 PM »
I just got the SVN of UPS and was pleased I could pick up world props (finally) since several of my SEnts are world props for some strange reason. 

My server console reads out this when I spawn one: [UPS ERROR] Ownership table is not setup for a ply in onEntRemoved! Could be a bad UPS addon installed or bad initialization?   Please report this error to ulyssesmod.net with information on how you got it.

I spawned in a magnusson spawner which UPS can't figure out I should be it's owner.  A similar problem probably happens with the NPC spawn platforms as they too come out as world props.  (Why did you make it so I can't move or nudge or do ANTHING to a world prop anyway? UPS disabled all physics interactions on it and I couldn't delete them before  I got the SVN, it was really driving me crazy. At least as admin I can fix that now...   Thanks for that BTW.)

I can pick world owned props up and use them now (all the ones I'm talking about should belong to me as I made them), but I'd like to be able to let non admins use world props as well.  Like, a check added to their individual check lists would be nice. 

Also a master switch to turn it all off just in case I might want to for some reason.  (Panic button?)

Offline Megiddo

• Ulysses Team Member
  • Project Lead
« Reply #189 on: November 21, 2008, 01:11:20 AM »
I just got the SVN of UPS and was pleased I could pick up world props (finally) since several of my SEnts are world props for some strange reason. 

My server console reads out this when I spawn one: [UPS ERROR] Ownership table is not setup for a ply in onEntRemoved! Could be a bad UPS addon installed or bad initialization?   Please report this error to ulyssesmod.net with information on how you got it.

I spawned in a magnusson spawner which UPS can't figure out I should be it's owner.  A similar problem probably happens with the NPC spawn platforms as they too come out as world props.  (Why did you make it so I can't move or nudge or do ANTHING to a world prop anyway? UPS disabled all physics interactions on it and I couldn't delete them before  I got the SVN, it was really driving me crazy. At least as admin I can fix that now...   Thanks for that BTW.)

I can pick world owned props up and use them now (all the ones I'm talking about should belong to me as I made them), but I'd like to be able to let non admins use world props as well.  Like, a check added to their individual check lists would be nice. 

Also a master switch to turn it all off just in case I might want to for some reason.  (Panic button?)

Not being able to own world props is a design decision. It's much better than the alternative, believe me. To fix this, tell the authors of the spawners to use any available spawn hook provided by GMod or to add it to the player limits (which they should have been using anyways...). UPS catches them all.

What addon provides these spawners, by the way?

Offline CaptainMaim

« Reply #190 on: November 21, 2008, 01:20:05 AM »
Easier said than done, I'm not sure if all addon makers are really reachable...  I don't even know who made either of those. 
Magnusson Spawner and NPC Spawn Platforms are the ones I've noticed.  There's probably others. 

Anyway I could allow non admins to use either of those?  (The former would be good for strider battles, else I have to temporarily upgrade all combatants to admin :8 .   Not my favorite ideal.)

How about a world prop owner designator tool with a list of connected players to give said prop to?  (Yeah I know, it's probably not going to happen either.  Just thought I'd mention it.)

Offline Megiddo

• Ulysses Team Member
  • Project Lead
« Reply #191 on: November 21, 2008, 08:55:45 AM »
Easier said than done, I'm not sure if all addon makers are really reachable...  I don't even know who made either of those. 
Magnusson Spawner and NPC Spawn Platforms are the ones I've noticed.  There's probably others. 

Anyway I could allow non admins to use either of those?  (The former would be good for strider battles, else I have to temporarily upgrade all combatants to admin :8 .   Not my favorite ideal.)

How about a world prop owner designator tool with a list of connected players to give said prop to?  (Yeah I know, it's probably not going to happen either.  Just thought I'd mention it.)

I guess your best option would be to add the code to set the owner in these addons. Find where it creates the entity and add the line "ent:CPPISetOwner( ply )", where ent is the ent object being spawned and ply is the player object you want to own it. This method will also make SPP (and any other prop protectors that support CPPI) recognize the owner.

Offline CaptainMaim

« Reply #192 on: November 21, 2008, 09:23:30 PM »
What's this line I'm looking for look like exactly or approximately? (I don't know lua.)

Offline Megiddo

• Ulysses Team Member
  • Project Lead
« Reply #193 on: November 22, 2008, 07:23:00 AM »
What's this line I'm looking for look like exactly or approximately? (I don't know lua.)

Search the addons in question for "ents.Create" (without the quotes) and paste the functions these lines are in as a reply... I'll help you from there.

An Error Has Occurred!

array_keys(): Argument #1 ($array) must be of type array, null given