Author Topic: UPS - Ulysses Prop Share  (Read 369562 times)

Offline Megiddo

• Ulysses Team Member
  • Project Lead
Re: UPS - Ulysses Prop Share
« Reply #195 on: November 22, 2008, 07:21:31 PM »
Add "sbs:CPPISetOwner( ply ); self.ply_owner = ply" w/o quotes after "local sbs = ents.Create("magnuspawner")". If you want ownership of the spawned guns to fall to the owner of the platform as well put "sb:CPPISetOwner( self.ply_owner )" after "local sb = ents.Create("weapon_striderbuster")".

Obviously untested, so let me know how it works. :P
Experiencing God's grace one day at a time.

Offline CaptainMaim

« Reply #196 on: November 22, 2008, 11:10:38 PM »
I put the changes in but I have to bring up a different problem.  UPS is really unstable on my server right now.  I had to remove it cause it was causing crashes.  I noticed at least 2 crashes that occurred when I pulled out a holographic radar (which used 4 emitters and a button and some chips and 3 target finders and a hologrid.) I don't know why or if anything in them matters but UPS would crash when I was using wired contraptions sometimes. 

Offline Hardy

« Reply #197 on: December 09, 2008, 05:06:23 AM »
For some reason, automatic props removal after player leave server doesn't working. I changed time in options, but it doesn't working again =)

Offline Hardy

« Reply #198 on: December 09, 2008, 10:18:49 AM »
I just tryed SVN version isthead of 0.9 - same =(
And observing random server crashes (
« Last Edit: December 09, 2008, 11:19:02 AM by Hardy »

Offline Cephalexin

« Reply #199 on: December 21, 2008, 08:21:34 AM »
Yea peoples stuff is not deleting, <--- never mind I set the time to 1 and it deletes

and is that why my server crashes randomly? hmmm  :-\ <--- but is this still a possibility?
« Last Edit: December 21, 2008, 08:47:00 AM by Cephalexin »

Offline Hardy

« Reply #200 on: December 28, 2008, 03:10:18 AM »
I set time to 1 second, it write to chat about player props deletion blablabla, but don't delete anything

Sometimes when people using ADV DUPE, server got console spam like this

[UPS ERROR] Ownership table is not setup for a ply in onEntRemoved! Could be a b
ad UPS addon installed or bad initialization?   Please report this error to ulys
sesmod.net with information on how you got it.
[UPS ERROR] Ownership table is not setup for a ply in onEntRemoved! Could be a b
ad UPS addon installed or bad initialization?   Please report this error to ulys

Then server just stuck...

So scripters, how long you will ignore bug with deletion time and this?
I really need good PP.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2008, 05:24:46 AM by Hardy »

Offline AviZ

« Reply #201 on: December 28, 2008, 06:30:23 PM »
ah so get simple prop protection off the garrysmod.org , spp seems to do the trick better than ups

Offline Megiddo

• Ulysses Team Member
  • Project Lead
« Reply #202 on: January 01, 2009, 12:03:36 AM »
Hmmm, for some reason UPS isn't generating a config file for me. I looked everywhere for gmod_cvars_sv.txt and couldn't find it... that explains why the settings aren't saving. I wonder what could be causing this?

Also, I found another bug:
  • When 'Admins subject to restrictions' is unchecked and world entity protection is off, it won't allow admins to touch world props at all. This makes it a bit frustrating if you want to be unrestricted AND have world protection off.

This should be fixed now... sorry for being so late. :P

Can anyone help me hunt down the "Ownership table is not setup" bugs? I need a way to duplicate the bug. Thanks!

Offline Hardy

« Reply #203 on: January 04, 2009, 07:11:32 AM »
Just open public server with UPS :) And i think, you get this errors... Maybe, they showing when players use Adv.Dupe, but i don't sure.
Automatic prop deletion now fixed? ;)

Offline Hardy

« Reply #204 on: January 04, 2009, 10:26:26 AM »
Errors appear when players join and leave!
And automatic prop deletion still don't working!!!
Still unusable

Offline JamminR

• Ulysses Team Member
  • Sertafide Ulysses Jenius
    • Team Ulysses [ULib/ULX, other fine releases]
« Reply #205 on: January 04, 2009, 02:17:35 PM »
Hardy, Megiddo, and even I, have had trouble replicating the errors you are reporting.
I'm betting there is an addon conflict causing prop monitoring/spawning to break the hooks used by UPS for those events.
While you and the users experiencing those errors are connected to the server, enter this command, "ulx debuginfo",  at the server console and attach the file it creates here, or paste the output into the thread. Please note that it will output to a file, not to console.
When you run that command, it tells you where it created the file.
"Though a program be but three lines long, someday it will have to be maintained." -- The Tao of Programming

Offline Flinta

« Reply #206 on: January 17, 2009, 08:36:27 AM »
Hello,

Would like to say its an awesome addon. But i had some problems.

Players that noclip thrue there own props. Freeze for 1-2 sec. Some kinda usermessage spike i dunno.

Also with "Use" checked. It don't get saved next time i start server. (settings not saving)

I use wiremod , phx svn , ulx, ulib , uclip , and this nice mod  UPS.

But great addon overall ;)

Offline Megiddo

• Ulysses Team Member
  • Project Lead
« Reply #207 on: January 17, 2009, 09:37:16 AM »
Hello,

Would like to say its an awesome addon. But i had some problems.

Players that noclip thrue there own props. Freeze for 1-2 sec. Some kinda usermessage spike i dunno.

Also with "Use" checked. It don't get saved next time i start server. (settings not saving)

I use wiremod , phx svn , ulx, ulib , uclip , and this nice mod  UPS.

But great addon overall ;)

Freezing would come from uclip. It only happens the first time they noclip through the prop, right? Odd that use doesn't save, will check into it.

Offline Flinta

« Reply #208 on: January 17, 2009, 10:37:59 AM »
Freezing would come from uclip. It only happens the first time they noclip through the prop, right? Odd that use doesn't save, will check into it.

That time when i played it happend all the time they nocliped thrue there props. Not for me as admin. But for players on there own props.   

Offline Hardy

« Reply #209 on: January 23, 2009, 04:51:45 PM »
Wow, wow and wow again!!!!!!!!! Just installed UPS SVN to my new server aaaaaand =) It works! Removing works! Are you fixed that or it's because server is new? :))))  ;D