Author Topic: UPS - Ulysses Prop Share  (Read 369688 times)

Offline ngc0202

Re: UPS - Ulysses Prop Share
« Reply #390 on: November 23, 2010, 05:06:24 PM »
Sorry for my rage yesterday, lots of server troubles. I should be using newest version, and I definitely have both SVN. Also there were no errors in the console. The menu saying: 'UPS is not loaded on this server' is really weird because it's only there when it IS loaded. I got Simple Prop Protection atm, but would switch if I knew this would work.

Offline Megiddo

• Ulysses Team Member
  • Project Lead
« Reply #391 on: November 23, 2010, 05:57:39 PM »
Please confirm for me that you're checking the server console for errors, from the time the server first starts to the time an admin (you) opens the menu for UPS, and that you have svn of UPS and ULib installed on the server, not the client.
Experiencing God's grace one day at a time.

Offline Mr Burks ULX LUVER

« Reply #392 on: November 27, 2010, 12:18:56 PM »
Yes, this the same thing that happens to me. I have the latest ULX & ULib, and I know that because I have the "Mod" function from "http://xenonservers.com/", I have no internal error in my console what-so-ever. (At least reguarding ULX, ULib, and UPS) The thing I just may expectis that i have no "server" folder in the directory of "<gmodroot>/addons/UPS/lua/autorun/" All I have is the "client" folder. That's what I may expect the problem is, but if so, then where can I find the server folder? Nevermind that, but I get the message when I click on any of the UPS tabs, "UPS not enabled on this server." or something like that. Which it has to be, because it's there! All I'm asking for is a solution to the problem, that's why I came to the creators for help :D (suckup). Just please help me.

Offline JamminR

• Ulysses Team Member
  • Sertafide Ulysses Jenius
    • Team Ulysses [ULib/ULX, other fine releases]
« Reply #393 on: November 27, 2010, 01:13:27 PM »
MrBurks, you'll need to load an SVN client on your local machine and get ULib and UPS from our ulyssesmod.net servers, then ftp them to your Xenon host.
Previous discussion in the XGUI threads for our SVN indicates Xenon servers don't have latest SVN releases.
You can see more here. http://forums.ulyssesmod.net/index.php/topic,4948.msg21284.html#msg21284

If you need basic tutoral for SVN for ULib, see our SVN forum area. There are some Sticky posts.
"Though a program be but three lines long, someday it will have to be maintained." -- The Tao of Programming

Offline frozenwave

« Reply #394 on: December 15, 2010, 12:17:42 PM »
I have the same issue here, i rebuild my server from scratch, got the Ulib and Ulx Svn's downloaded and they are working fine, the Urestrict works as well but when i try to acces the UPS menu it says it isn't loaded wich is weird because when my server boots it gives no error when it's loading UPS.
Isn't there any SVN of Ups?

Offline JamminR

• Ulysses Team Member
« Reply #395 on: December 15, 2010, 03:28:11 PM »
Isn't there any SVN of Ups?
Yep. Using the 'search' box above this topic, which by the way, only searches this thread, finds this.
http://forums.ulyssesmod.net/index.php/topic,3363.msg19946/topicseen.html#msg19946
"Though a program be but three lines long, someday it will have to be maintained." -- The Tao of Programming

Offline Megiddo

• Ulysses Team Member
  • Project Lead
« Reply #396 on: December 15, 2010, 06:02:56 PM »
frozenwave, let us know if you still have the problem using the SVN version.

Offline JamminR

• Ulysses Team Member
« Reply #397 on: December 15, 2010, 06:54:12 PM »
Megiddo, any consideration to putting the URL of the SVN for UPS in the first post? I mean, yeah, I could do it, but I didn't know if you had a design as to why you hadn't.

Offline Megiddo

• Ulysses Team Member
  • Project Lead
« Reply #398 on: December 15, 2010, 07:22:14 PM »
I didn't put it in there because I don't normally like people using SVN on a regular basis. But it's been a loooong time since our last release so we don't really have a choice at the moment... :P

Offline frozenwave

« Reply #399 on: December 16, 2010, 03:09:49 AM »
Yup, everything works fine with the SVN, thx a ton
(May i suggest placing the svn link into the UPS release post?)

Offline Botman

« Reply #400 on: December 30, 2010, 03:14:25 PM »
I also rebuilt my server from scratch an hour ago, installed the latest SVN versions, yet - "UPS is not loaded on this server."

Offline Megiddo

• Ulysses Team Member
  • Project Lead
« Reply #401 on: December 30, 2010, 05:33:35 PM »
I also rebuilt my server from scratch an hour ago, installed the latest SVN versions, yet - "UPS is not loaded on this server."

Are you using the SVN versions of ULX and ULib, as well? Do you get any Lua errors in console between when the server first starts and you look at the menu?

Offline Botman

« Reply #402 on: December 30, 2010, 06:27:31 PM »
No, I'm "afraid" there were no errors.

Offline JamminR

• Ulysses Team Member
« Reply #403 on: December 30, 2010, 07:24:48 PM »
Botman, just to be clear, you're using latest 3 SVN versions of the following, right?
ULib, ULX, and UPS (UPS SVN link is hidden later in the thread, use the search box while reading this thread to find it (SVN). Megiddo doesn't want to post it in first post)

Offline Megiddo

• Ulysses Team Member
  • Project Lead
« Reply #404 on: January 01, 2011, 11:08:51 PM »
I spent about four hours muddling through an issue unrelated to UPS tonight, only to find that under certain conditions, you can send usermessages that are never received by the client after map changes. I chased every rabbit down every hole I could think of, and it really seems to be a fundamental bug with usermessages. I suspect that those who can't get UPS to load might be victim to the same problem.

Can someone with the UPS never loading problem contact me on Steam? My username is MegTech.