ULX

Author Topic: XGUI - Fully featured modular GUI for ULX! (Included with ULX v3.51 and SVN)  (Read 530919 times)

Offline Vakaris

Re: XGUI - Fully featured modular GUI for ULX! (WIP)
« Reply #75 on: September 25, 2009, 04:06:55 PM »
What doesn't?

Offline Mysterymeat201

« Reply #76 on: September 29, 2009, 09:04:22 PM »
I have installed this plugin on my server, however, it does not want to work for me. when I spawn and check the console, I get these errors:

ulx/modules/cl/xgui_client.lua:2: attempt to call field 'queueFunctionCall' (a nil value)
ulx/modules/cl/xgui_helper.lua:37: attempt to call field 'queueFunctionCall' (a nil value)

after this, it says ulx version 3.40 loaded. Ulib and Ulx are both up to date. Any help I could  get would be appreciated.

Offline Stickly Man!

• Ulysses Team Member
  • What even IS software anymore?
    • XGUI
« Reply #77 on: September 30, 2009, 08:40:24 AM »
Are you sure you're using the latest SVN versions? Queuefunctioncall is a ULib function, so if it's not working then either you aren't using the SVN, or your current ULib is broken somehow (unlikely)
Join our Team Ulysses community discord! https://discord.gg/gR4Uye6

Offline JamminR

• Ulysses Team Member
  • Sertafide Ulysses Jenius
    • Team Ulysses [ULib/ULX, other fine releases]
« Reply #78 on: September 30, 2009, 03:18:19 PM »
Mysterymeat, if you're running a downloadurl server, also make sure you've updated it's lua cache folder from the server cache folder.
"Though a program be but three lines long, someday it will have to be maintained." -- The Tao of Programming

Offline Stickly Man!

• Ulysses Team Member
    • XGUI
« Reply #79 on: October 01, 2009, 12:05:11 PM »
Sorry about the long delays and lack of working on this, school has eaten my time like pac-man eats dots  :-[

UPDATE! (With screenshots!)

The players now have working commands! Permission-based now, too (You can no longer see commands you don't have access to)
This is a very rough idea of how its going to look finalized-- Not everything fits like I'd like it to (just grabbed the info from the command data, so some of the text seems oddly formatted), but all of the functionality should be there!

The groups tab has a completely functioning way to manage adding/removing/renaming/changing inheritance of groups, and now shows what access tags/commands the selected group has access to, and which ones are inherited from other groups. Adding and removing access commands and players from groups is coming soon!

Maps tab is more or less the same as it was before-- Here's just a new screenshot. (Also shows the hover-preview when looking for a map)

Made some changes to the settings, added a few things that were in the ULX menu but not here. I should be getting around to adding the sbox_ limits soon.

Anyways, test it if you feel like it, even though it's very much WIP, let me know of any design changes you'd prefer, bugs, etc.

Offline Vakaris

« Reply #80 on: October 01, 2009, 12:15:49 PM »
Seems it's coming along nicely! Only thing is some of those are already under Settings (or utilities or what ever that tab is called, next to Post Processing, to the right), under Admin, Settings in the list. It already contains things like godmode, server password, etc. the NPC menu also contains disable AI and Ignore players. Some of the menus you've made are useless on a listen server like mine, but they may come in handy in dedicated servers (I dropped using srcds a long time ago, too unstable, crashes realy easily, restricts most Q-menu commands so admins have to use rcon, or ulx recon commands. And worst of all, it takes double the space and resources if you want to play in your server and not only host and manage it.)

Offline Megiddo

• Ulysses Team Member
  • Project Lead
« Reply #81 on: October 01, 2009, 02:58:25 PM »
Sweet, showing inherited commands, good idea
Experiencing God's grace one day at a time.

Offline Vakaris

« Reply #82 on: October 02, 2009, 10:05:06 AM »
I've found a way to keep the NPC's and player's ragdolls on death fora fixed ammount of time. To me it's server-hosting friendly and zombies killed fall to the ground whilethier headcrab(s) dissapear, sucessfully avoiding the zombie-ragdoll-&-ghost-headcrab bug.
I've downloaded the gibmod from http://www.facepunch.com/showthread.php?t=769826.
Then tweaked it's lua/autorun/gibmod.lua to look like this (only the start I've changed is shown):
Code: [Select]
local gibmodEnabled = CreateConVar( "gibmod_enabled", "1", { FCVAR_ARCHIVE, FCVAR_DEMO } )
local enableGibbing = CreateConVar( "gibmod_enablegibbing", "0", { FCVAR_ARCHIVE, FCVAR_DEMO } )
local ragdollTime = CreateConVar( "gibmod_ragdolltime", "120", { FCVAR_ARCHIVE, FCVAR_DEMO } )
local minGibs = CreateConVar( "gibmod_mingibs", "0", { FCVAR_ARCHIVE, FCVAR_DEMO } )
local maxGibs = CreateConVar( "gibmod_maxgibs", "0", { FCVAR_ARCHIVE, FCVAR_DEMO } )
local onlyGibDeadRags = CreateConVar( "gibmod_onlygibdeadrags", "0", { FCVAR_ARCHIVE, FCVAR_DEMO } )
local onlyDecapDeadRags = CreateConVar( "gibmod_onlydecapdeadrags", "0", { FCVAR_ARCHIVE, FCVAR_DEMO } )
local enableDismemberment = CreateConVar( "gibmod_enabledismemberment", "0", { FCVAR_ARCHIVE, FCVAR_DEMO } )
local damageDecals = CreateConVar( "gibmod_damagedecals", "0", { FCVAR_ARCHIVE, FCVAR_DEMO } )
Maybe you could use that knowledge to make a plugin for ulx or intgrate it directly into the new menu you're making? Remember it's highly server-friendly, as the ragdolls dissapear after a set time and leave only paint behind (that can be cleared using the Paint Remover stool).

Offline piggy

« Reply #83 on: October 02, 2009, 08:04:03 PM »
Hi,

I have the most up-to-date versions of Ulib, ULX (svn) & Xgui but I still seem to get the Xgui is receiving data message and nothing else happens.

Is there a fix for this  :)

Offline Stickly Man!

• Ulysses Team Member
    • XGUI
« Reply #84 on: October 02, 2009, 08:57:37 PM »
Are you absolutely positively sure you have the latest SVN Ulib and ULX? Try removing any trace of XGUI (the addons folder, and in ulx/modules/ if you had there at any point in time) and redownloading it.

Quote from: Vakaris
Some of the menus you've made are useless on a listen server like mine, but they may come in handy in dedicated servers
Well, I figured it's nice to have all of the admin settings in one spot, rather than having to look all over the place for them  :D
Quote from: Vakaris
Maybe you could use that knowledge to make a plugin for ulx or intgrate it directly into the new menu you're making?
It'd have to be a plugin :P, If someones up to it, I can include it with XGUI :)
« Last Edit: October 02, 2009, 09:02:10 PM by Stickly Man! »

Offline piggy

« Reply #85 on: October 02, 2009, 09:17:57 PM »
Hi,

The version I put on the server are a fe whours old (fresh uploads) same for xgui,

I'm not sure what would be causing this.

Offline Stickly Man!

• Ulysses Team Member
    • XGUI
« Reply #86 on: October 02, 2009, 11:00:35 PM »
Hmm.. are you also sure all the files are in the right place? addons/xgui/lua/ulx/modules/ and stuff? And are you sure the server is loading XGUI?

Offline Bounty_Bam

« Reply #87 on: October 05, 2009, 02:25:26 PM »
Looking nice =]

Offline EggNoggin

« Reply #88 on: October 11, 2009, 12:11:44 PM »
Clientside or serverside?

Offline bennie900

« Reply #89 on: October 12, 2009, 10:31:05 AM »
If you are referring to XGUI then it's server side although you download a few LUA files so you can use it. Just like ULX.