Author Topic: Adv Problem  (Read 3452 times)

JackBauer

Adv Problem
« on: July 13, 2009, 07:54:15 AM »
Hi,

Anyone can spawn npc,weapons with ADV. Why can i stop that?

Offline JamminR

• Ulysses Team Member
  • Sertafide Ulysses Jenius
    • Team Ulysses [ULib/ULX, other fine releases]
Re: Adv Problem
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2009, 07:17:51 PM »
I'm guessing, REALLY guessing, you mean advanced duplicator?
Even if you're english isn't great..typing the full name of what you're having trouble with would help us.

As for advanced duplicator, I know there are settings for it in a config file I think.
It's been a long time since I've used it. Perhaps you should ask at the advanced duplicator thread on Facepunch.

We didn't write it, so I've moved this topic to Off-Topic for now.
Perhaps someone else can help you.
"Though a program be but three lines long, someday it will have to be maintained." -- The Tao of Programming

JackBauer

« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2009, 10:26:45 PM »
I'm guessing, REALLY guessing, you mean advanced duplicator?
Even if you're english isn't great..typing the full name of what you're having trouble with would help us.

As for advanced duplicator, I know there are settings for it in a config file I think.
It's been a long time since I've used it. Perhaps you should ask at the advanced duplicator thread on Facepunch.

We didn't write it, so I've moved this topic to Off-Topic for now.
Perhaps someone else can help you.

hmmmm yes my english is bad i am german :D.

I mean advanced duplicator , i have a problem:: anyone can spawn weapons,npc with advanced duplicator. you know?
he spawn weapons singeplayer then he uploade the files and spawn it.

Offline JamminR

• Ulysses Team Member
  • Sertafide Ulysses Jenius
    • Team Ulysses [ULib/ULX, other fine releases]
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2009, 07:31:38 PM »
I'm sorry. I do not know.
Maybe someone else here knows.
There is probably a configuration file that can be set to not allow uploads?
Maybe go read/search/ask in the Advanced duplicator thread at Facepunch, or maybe wiremod.com (I think the author of adv duplicator is a wiremod contributor, I'm not sure)
"Though a program be but three lines long, someday it will have to be maintained." -- The Tao of Programming

Offline jay209015

• Ulysses Team Member
    • Dev-Solutions
« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2009, 08:40:14 PM »
I looked into it, and the only thing I can recommend is URestrict. It will not stop the problem with players being able to spawn the weapons via Advanced Duplicator, but they will not be able to pickup/use the weapon if URestrict is configured not to. Perhaps this will deter them from spawning the weapons after a while.
An error only becomes a mistake when you refuse to correct it. --JFK

"And thus the downfall of the great ULX dynasty was wrought not by another dynasty, but the slow and steady deterioration of the leaders themselves, followed by the deprecation of the great knowledge they possessed." -Gmod, Chapter 28, verse 34 -- Stickly

Offline atomicspark

« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2009, 03:57:31 PM »
Disable Adv Duplicator uploads.
I'm sorry. I do not know.
Maybe someone else here knows.
There is probably a configuration file that can be set to not allow uploads?
Maybe go read/search/ask in the Advanced duplicator thread at Facepunch, or maybe wiremod.com (I think the author of adv duplicator is a wiremod contributor, I'm not sure)

Yes to all. I forget the command to do so though. Searching wiremod.com would help.