Author Topic: !menu not working. - More info  (Read 9189 times)

Offline Tact1cal

!menu not working. - More info
« on: August 10, 2010, 03:59:20 PM »
When I join my server it says I'm the superadmin there, which I am. But it still wont let me use !menu. It worked just fine before I downloaded this addon: http://www.garrysmod.org/downloads/?a=view&id=47078
Which is a scoreboard addon for my server. But I am uncertain of what the cause might be, Ive recently downloaded wire and a couple of tools succsessfully. (No luascripterrors or anything.)
Ive tried to type rcon ulx adduser tact1cal superadmin. It says that I've been added to the superadmin group but it still wont let me use !menu. Even after a rejoin. Ive restared my server a couple of times too. Now im out of luck and comming here! :)

I'm happy for all the replies I might get! I love this admin mod, been using for as longs as I can remember.

EDIT:
Downloaded the SVN version. and now absolutely nothing is working.
Btw, The spellcheck button seems to be broken. :/
« Last Edit: August 10, 2010, 04:18:28 PM by Tact1cal »

Offline Megiddo

• Ulysses Team Member
  • Project Lead
Re: !menu not working. - More info
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2010, 05:02:38 PM »
Sounds like you probably messed up your access files. Delete users.txt and groups.txt from garrysmod/data/ulib.
Experiencing God's grace one day at a time.

Offline Stickly Man!

• Ulysses Team Member
  • What even IS software anymore?
    • XGUI
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2010, 05:23:32 PM »
And if you're using the SVN, you should probably check out XGUI instead of using the old ULX menus :P

http://forums.ulyssesmod.net/index.php?topic=4080.0
Join our Team Ulysses community discord! https://discord.gg/gR4Uye6

Offline JamminR

• Ulysses Team Member
  • Sertafide Ulysses Jenius
    • Team Ulysses [ULib/ULX, other fine releases]
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2010, 05:40:38 PM »
Stick, SHAME!!
Let's try to get SVN users working, THEN perhaps complicate things more by cool addons like XGUI.
:P

Tactical,
 first, if you type in game console "ulx menu" then go back to game screen, do you get a menu?
If not, any error in game console?
Any error in server console?

If ulx menu works, Did anything you downloaded monitor chat?
Remember, some things that look for "!<blah>" in chat have a big chance of breaking ulx if the programmer didn't do it right.
"Though a program be but three lines long, someday it will have to be maintained." -- The Tao of Programming

Offline Tact1cal

« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2010, 03:36:41 AM »
Alright thanks for the help guys! I just went ahead and deleted the whole thing and downloaded some random ULX from gmod.org. Works fine now! :)
Though, I deleted my scoreboard.   ;D

Offline JamminR

• Ulysses Team Member
  • Sertafide Ulysses Jenius
    • Team Ulysses [ULib/ULX, other fine releases]
« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2010, 05:25:52 PM »
Tactical, bad. Very bad.
We do not recommend that.
We've seen many admin mods not meant to be released at gmod.org get exploits included.
We really would prefer you download using latest SVN.
"Though a program be but three lines long, someday it will have to be maintained." -- The Tao of Programming

Offline MrPresident

• Ulysses Team Member
    • |G4P| Gman4President
« Reply #6 on: August 12, 2010, 08:00:54 AM »
Hmm.. ***get's an idea***

Download ULX... code in backdoor to allow myself admin and lots of crazy backdoor access... Repackage it and release is on garrysmod.org as a stable working release of ULX... Add a sv_tag so that servers running my version are easy to spot and then go wreak havoc...

See why this could be a bad thing? Do yourself a favor.. download official releases only.. if it doesn't work, that is why ULX has some of the best support around.

Offline Tact1cal

« Reply #7 on: August 16, 2010, 07:36:25 AM »
Oh, that does indeed not sound good. thing is, that I dont "own" the server, so I can to go in there and make the folders an SVN checkout.  I can only access it through the controlpanel I get from my provider, and a thirdparty tool that lets me upload folders and whatnot. I tried the good old copy/paste the folders from the SVN version. But that didnt work and is the reason to why I am here in the first place.

Offline Stickly Man!

• Ulysses Team Member
  • What even IS software anymore?
    • XGUI
« Reply #8 on: August 16, 2010, 07:51:25 AM »
If you have TortoiseSVN client installed on your computer, you can download the ULib/ULX svn, then right click on each folder, and click on TortoiseSVN -> Export...

This will let you copy ulx or ulib to a new folder, but it doesn't copy any of the svn-related files and folders. Perhaps then you can upload it to your server?
Join our Team Ulysses community discord! https://discord.gg/gR4Uye6

Offline MrPresident

• Ulysses Team Member
    • |G4P| Gman4President
« Reply #9 on: August 16, 2010, 08:12:40 AM »
Also, who is your host.. I've done my fair share of shared server hosting before I saw the light (and the bill....) and went dedicated. Most providers (if they are any good) will give you access to FTP to your server. So you can easily upload folders and files. Then on top of that.. if you upload it as a .zip which makes it WAY easier to upload a folder of files. The TCAdmin control panel will let you unzip the contents of a .zip file into the directory it is located in. Just do your research.. Trust me.. it's possible and I bet it's easier than you know.