ULX

Author Topic: Why do minges keep joining my server?  (Read 2537 times)

Offline LuaTenshi

• Just your ordinary moon angel!
    • Mirai.Red
Why do minges keep joining my server?
« on: December 25, 2011, 07:57:19 PM »
I thought, this topic should be spoken about, because I could not find any articles about this, and it will help allot of people who are just starting their server.

The following questions are the questions that I first thought after seeing a minge on my server.

---

What attracts minges?

Why do minges attack servers with the intent of making other peoples games unpleasant?

What can one do to reduce the number of minges, in their server?

Does higher security mean less minges?

Do people minge my server because it is not fun?

---

Personally I think those are the 4 most commonly asked questions when some one encounters a minge for the first time.
« Last Edit: December 26, 2011, 02:23:59 PM by HeLLFox_15 »
I cry every time I see that I am not a respected member of this community.

Offline MrPresident

• Ulysses Team Member
    • |G4P| Gman4President
Re: Why do minges keep joining my server?
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2011, 12:32:09 AM »
The answer to your question is quite simple actually.

People do it because the internet is mostly anonymous and people can be a jerk online where in real life they could not.

Some people think it's fun or funny to see other people rage or get mad about the things that they do.

Here are some findings I've come up with over the course of the years...

1. If no one seems to care that the person is griefing they will get bored and move on. They don't necessarily want to crash the server so much as see people freak out. It's funny to them.
2. If you have measures in place to physically stop them from doing it, they will move on. These usually end up effecting legitimate players though so the very strict options are usually not recommended.

Offline Aaron113

« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2011, 09:35:50 AM »
I would just laugh at them and ban them.  Worked fine in most cases...

Offline krooks

• I don't like video games.
    • Diamond Krooks
« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2011, 04:34:52 PM »
I think things that attract minges to a server is a server that has a lot of childish aspects, or addons.
One that doesn't have proper moderation.

Most minges are younger, some don't even know they are doing things that annoy people. If you don't have a ton of like-- pokemon/mario/nyan cat/whatever else kids addons there are, you will have far less minges sticking around or coming back.

I am also pretty perma-ban happy. I don't kick or ban for a few days, I go straight for the perma ban. In my experience, a minge is a minge, they come back and do the same old thing. Get rid of them for good and don't look back.  8)
My TTT server. Join the fun!