ULX

Author Topic: ULX Gag bypass  (Read 8282 times)

Offline killforfun

ULX Gag bypass
« on: March 21, 2012, 01:46:38 PM »
I herd from a few people that you can wright scripts to bypass the gag feature as well as a few other features that i cant think of at this time if this is true could you improve that?   

Offline JamminR

• Ulysses Team Member
  • Sertafide Ulysses Jenius
    • Team Ulysses [ULib/ULX, other fine releases]
Re: ULX Gag bypass
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2012, 02:39:04 PM »
Yes, to someone with any decent knowledge of Lua and Gmod, it is relatively easy to bypass.
We made a simple way of gagging.
Other ways we tried that should remain simple, we found didn't work, or affected or were affected by other commands or variables.
(Therefore complicating it)

If you find someone that feels they are super duper l33t for bypassing ULX gag on your server and taunts you for it, by all means, ungag them, and then ban them permanently to get rid of the probably squeeky voice they have.

See much further discussion here - http://forums.ulyssesmod.net/index.php/topic,4698.msg19354.html

(Team, though, perhaps we should look at the previously broken ways to see if they are working yet..I forget even from the discussion which ones didn't work)
"Though a program be but three lines long, someday it will have to be maintained." -- The Tao of Programming

Offline Stickly Man!

• Ulysses Team Member
  • What even IS software anymore?
    • XGUI
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2012, 09:16:01 AM »
There may be some new features in Gmod 13 that would allow us to do this more easily, but I'm not entirely sure. Need some free time so I can work on the beta more :P
Join our Team Ulysses community discord! https://discord.gg/gR4Uye6

Offline Megiddo

• Ulysses Team Member
  • Project Lead
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2012, 07:03:58 PM »
I've added it to my list of things to review, but it seems unlikely that Garry would've fixed something that's been broken for so long.
Experiencing God's grace one day at a time.