Author Topic: ULX kick/ban reason, fix suggestion.  (Read 3041 times)

Offline LuaTenshi

• Just your ordinary moon angel!
    • Mirai.Red
ULX kick/ban reason, fix suggestion.
« on: January 02, 2013, 01:32:52 PM »
Some people may have been complaining about how the kick/ban reason shows the admins name or how it cuts off most of the time. A quick fix would be to let people edit how the reason displays for example.

ulx kickformat "(%user%) %reason%"

You also have the option of displaying a custom gui element to the person who has been kicked, please look in to this because I would like my players to know why they are being kicked/banned.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2013, 01:53:57 PM by HeLLFox_15 »
I cry every time I see that I am not a respected member of this community.

Offline JamminR

• Ulysses Team Member
  • Sertafide Ulysses Jenius
    • Team Ulysses [ULib/ULX, other fine releases]
Re: ULX kick/ban reason, fix suggestion.
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2013, 06:20:22 PM »
I'm pretty sure Lua stops (including gui elements) when disconnected from a server. There'd be no way to see it I don't think.
(Unless something changed in GM13, but, wow, why would even Garry add that functionality. Server lua after a d/c *shiver*)
"Though a program be but three lines long, someday it will have to be maintained." -- The Tao of Programming

Offline LuaTenshi

• Just your ordinary moon angel!
    • Mirai.Red
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2013, 08:11:20 PM »
I'm pretty sure Lua stops (including gui elements) when disconnected from a server. There'd be no way to see it I don't think.
(Unless something changed in GM13, but, wow, why would even Garry add that functionality. Server lua after a d/c *shiver*)

True, but I still wish there was a way I could have my users know why they where kicked/banned. I guess instead of a GUI thing you could just have some thing printed in their console before they actually get kicked/banned, because then they would see the reason in their own console.
I cry every time I see that I am not a respected member of this community.

Offline JamminR

• Ulysses Team Member
  • Sertafide Ulysses Jenius
    • Team Ulysses [ULib/ULX, other fine releases]
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2013, 05:01:37 PM »
Been a long time since I've kicked myself, or banned myself, but I could have sworn a message does get printed in console.
But I admit I could be wrong, and even if it does, they most likely never look...they just go try to join again, because usually, they got kicked/banned for causing trouble in the first place.
If no message IS printed to console, yes, I agree, good idea.
"Though a program be but three lines long, someday it will have to be maintained." -- The Tao of Programming

Offline Megiddo

• Ulysses Team Member
  • Project Lead
« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2013, 05:55:28 PM »
The only thing that gets cut off is the source engine echo to the other connected players. If ULX echoes are enabled, they see the full reason. I'm not going to do anything about this. :)
Experiencing God's grace one day at a time.