General > Off-Topic

Groups vs. Teams - Why having an owner group is useless and stupid

<< < (5/9) > >>

syn.:

--- Quote from: JamminR on January 12, 2014, 04:32:00 PM ---And UTeam isn't made for other gamemodes than Sandbox because, well, they have thier own teams which UTeam would break.
Simply put, renaming superadmin or admin group breaks stuff

--- End quote ---
started server, didn't know anything, broke stuff with 3rd party stuff on TTT, deleted everything, started server again, broke even more stuff. story of my server lol:)

Avoid:
Hey there,
I really do have to agree with Mr.President, people should just stop screwing around with ULX groups, because there really is no point in having a group higher than superadmin which is equivalent to root in Linux systems.
Sometimes people join my server and ask who the owner is, as I am "just" a superadmin.  :o

Just my two cents,
Avoid

JamminR:
Avoid, just to make sure you're clear, this has nothing to do with just 'ULX' groups.
GMOD expects superadmin to be root.
ULX allows for custom groups, but, no other addon may know what those groups are, and, people keep coming here acting like ULX is broken.

Bryantdl7:
I was careful with my inheritance for ranks, and I made an owner rank that is above superadmin. I have no issues with ULX.

Livaco:

--- Quote from: syn. on January 19, 2014, 12:55:31 PM ---started server, didn't know anything, broke stuff with 3rd party stuff on TTT, deleted everything, started server again, broke even more stuff. story of my server lol:)

--- End quote ---
lol if u need a expert just hire one instead of breaking your serever

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version