ULX

Author Topic: Problems with groups and motd  (Read 1685 times)

Offline Hyperion

Problems with groups and motd
« on: July 08, 2013, 03:22:36 AM »
I've editted the groups a lot (see the attachment), to: user-respected-moderator-operator-admin-Co Owner/Owner. I haven't finished the ULX commands yet so don't mind it's such crappy. But everytime I restart GMod, the superadmin just re-appears, even although I delete the group everytime, even delete it from the txt file. It's set as inherits from user. And also, the ranks in the txt file keep re-arranging all the time.

Is it possible to get rid of it, not just by making the file read-only? By the way I had to do so with MOTD, because it also kept reverting back to the default one. And still, the new users see a completely different MOTD than I do when I come to the server, although I have showmotd set to 1 and edited the ulx_motd.txt file. They report seeing something as "this server uses these addons" etc.

I also think about renaming some ranks, will it break all my URS restrictions? Any way to mass-rename without any damage?
Thanks

Offline Decicus

• Alex Thomassen
Re: Problems with groups and motd
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2013, 07:28:11 AM »
I don't have any solution for this, but just to copy what the Ulysses Team usually wants to clarify, read this: http://forums.ulyssesmod.net/index.php/topic,6291.0.html
Contact information:
E-mail: alex@thomassen.xyz.
You can also send a PM.

Offline Hyperion

« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2013, 09:04:56 AM »
Well, I didn't realize it's such a bad idea. So basically the group is like a Steam username, but team is like your nick which you can change anytime? Well now I must rework the whole system. Do you think that automatically finding and renaming the ranks in some txt files will do the job without any damage, or should I restart my ULX settings completely and spend the hour doing restrictions again?

Offline Megiddo

• Ulysses Team Member
  • Project Lead
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2013, 10:27:02 AM »
Groups is the backend, and gmod defaults to having user->admin->superadmin (which may be why it's being put back in the file after you remove it). Teams is the frontend where you put the name you want people to see on scoreboards and such.

The file is rearranging itself because of the volatile way Lua sorts string based tables. It may be annoying to have it rearrange from an editing perspective, but the rearrangement is functionally identical.

On the other file troubles you're having, make sure you're using the SVN version of ULX and ULib at the moment because we addressed some serious file I/O bugs currently in garrysmod.
Experiencing God's grace one day at a time.

Offline Hyperion

« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2013, 10:40:53 AM »
Groups is the backend, and gmod defaults to having user->admin->superadmin (which may be why it's being put back in the file after you remove it). Teams is the frontend where you put the name you want people to see on scoreboards and such.

The file is rearranging itself because of the volatile way Lua sorts string based tables. It may be annoying to have it rearrange from an editing perspective, but the rearrangement is functionally identical.

On the other file troubles you're having, make sure you're using the SVN version of ULX and ULib at the moment because we addressed some serious file I/O bugs currently in garrysmod.

Yeah I have it installed both through SVN. I tried replacing the ulx_motd.txt in the addons folder, lets see if it works. I just got a little (!) mark on the folder, even after I deleted it and SVN-updated. Strange