Author Topic: Server Problems involving ULX  (Read 2540 times)

Offline Gengar

Server Problems involving ULX
« on: July 15, 2014, 05:16:05 PM »
I don't know what is causing these problems but:

1. Whenever a particular player is on the server, stuff breaks. Such as him not properly dying and being moved to the dead team. If he dies, people can still hear him talk, the round wont end, his name will be visible in spectator, etc. What could be the cause of this?

2. The only thing I've done very recently to this user was add his ID to a group. When he joined, he was in the group I added him to. But his pointshop did the common glitch where his stuff didn't show up. So he rejoined and his pointshop stuff showed up, but his rank was gone. I re-added him to the group by username instead of Steam ID like last time and ever since then it's been a problem.

3. As soon as this player leaves everything is fine. I have a round counter that lists how many Traitors, Detectives, Innocents there are per round. When this player is on the server it glitches out and gives an amount totally larger than possible.

Update: I kicked him from the server so he could rejoin. He rejoined and lost his rank. When I look in data/ulib/users, he's in there listed as "User". This is obviously not normal as users aren't supposed to be listed in here unless they have restrictions/privileges, which he has none.

Offline Avoid

Re: Server Problems involving ULX
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2014, 05:27:32 PM »
Hello,
it certainly is not normal to have a user in the users.txt, however have you tried to remove this user while the server is offline? You could also use ulx removeuserid <STEAM_ID> to remove all permissions of that specific user and see if that resolves your issue.

EDIT:
Also give us the output of ulx debuginfo

Avoid

Offline Gengar

« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2014, 05:34:52 PM »
How would I do that?

Also might I mention the user's name is

Let's Go

Offline Avoid

« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2014, 05:43:42 PM »
How would I do that?

Also might I mention the user's name is

Let's Go
I do not think the username is causing the trouble here, as I dealt with many players having special characters in their names.

ulx debuginfo -> command in the server console to generate a debugdump.txt
ulx removeuserid <STEAM_ID> -> command in the client/server console to remove all privileges from a certain user.

Offline Gengar

« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2014, 05:55:47 PM »
Ah okay.  I removed him by his user id, re-added by name, and it ended up causing the same problems.  Also when he's dead and uses his microphone, the color of the rectangle isn't green, or yellow, but a more dull-looking yellow.

I can't find any debugdump.txt  but I found a couple of other things such as LibK_Debug.txt  and LibK_Error.txt  located in garrysmod/data These files are extremely long though.

Offline Avoid

« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2014, 06:02:59 PM »
ulx debuginfo:
Debug information written to garrysmod/data/ulx/debugdump.txt on server.

I must admit this issue may not be ULX related, have you tried disabling all addons, aswell as any lua/autorun files?
So to speak Vanilla-TTT?

Offline Gengar

« Reply #6 on: July 15, 2014, 06:06:23 PM »
No, as deleting all of those addons is a hassel.  But I will say that the person changed their name to something without an '  and we have not had a problem since I added them to a group.

Offline Avoid

« Reply #7 on: July 15, 2014, 06:17:46 PM »
No, as deleting all of those addons is a hassel.  But I will say that the person changed their name to something without an '  and we have not had a problem since I added them to a group.
Try moving the addons to a different folder, that will also disable them!

ulib                     by Team Ulysses, version 2.5099 (00/00/00)
ulx                      by Team Ulysses, version 3.6099 (00/00/00)
It looks like you are not running the latest version of ULX/ULib.

Offline Stickly Man!

• Ulysses Team Member
  • What even IS software anymore?
    • XGUI
« Reply #8 on: July 15, 2014, 11:31:42 PM »
It looks like you are not running the latest version of ULX/ULib.

It's likely that the version numbers aren't showing up correctly- those don't look like correct version numbers, and probably technically round up to "2.51" and "3.61".

Update: I kicked him from the server so he could rejoin. He rejoined and lost his rank. When I look in data/ulib/users, he's in there listed as "User". This is obviously not normal as users aren't supposed to be listed in here unless they have restrictions/privileges, which he has none.
The user losing ranks issue is one we're investigating. You can track our progress here: https://github.com/Nayruden/Ulysses/issues/302, and there's also a debug script on there to help us test what happens when a user loses their rank.
Join our Team Ulysses community discord! https://discord.gg/gR4Uye6