Author Topic: Can't pick up some entities?  (Read 3352 times)

Offline IllusiveEnergy

Can't pick up some entities?
« on: August 21, 2014, 11:59:53 PM »
Hi!

So I've recently ran into an issue. Currently I have the ranks Admin, Superadmin, and Manager. My Admin and Superadmin ranks can pick up cars and cardealers fine, but the rank I self created (Manager) can't do it at all.

Any help is appreciated, thanks!

EDIT: I'm using TDM cars, but it can't pick up the default jeep or airboat either.

Offline JamminR

• Ulysses Team Member
  • Sertafide Ulysses Jenius
    • Team Ulysses [ULib/ULX, other fine releases]
Re: Can't pick up some entities?
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2014, 02:04:59 AM »
This isn't really a ULX/ULib issue.
TDMCars probably looks for "IsAdmin" or "IsSuperadmin" within it's code.
Unless the TDMCars has a way to specify custom groups you want to have access, you'd either have to modify the code to look for your custom group, or have Manager inherit Admin.
You may want to ask the author of the cars release.
"Though a program be but three lines long, someday it will have to be maintained." -- The Tao of Programming

Offline IllusiveEnergy

« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2014, 02:13:04 AM »
...or have Manager inherit Admin.

It already inherits from admin. I also mentioned this wasn't only a TDM car issue, it was effecting them all. (airboat/jeep)
« Last Edit: August 22, 2014, 02:15:54 AM by IllusiveEnergy »

Offline ChaosWolf

• "The Exiled One's" Server Owner
« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2014, 05:36:45 AM »
I am no lua expert, but I know enough to do some reconfigurations, post the code here and I'd be happy to see what I can do for you. remember, never edit a code without saving a copy of the original as a backup so you can change it back if something goes wrong.
"Someone once told me, scripting lua is like trying to build a rocket ship, once your finished with it and think your done, you start it up only to realize you had just built it upside down." ~Programmer

Offline IllusiveEnergy

« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2014, 11:31:27 PM »
I am no lua expert, but I know enough to do some reconfigurations, post the code here and I'd be happy to see what I can do for you. remember, never edit a code without saving a copy of the original as a backup so you can change it back if something goes wrong.

That's one of the issues. I don't even know what I'm looking for to fix this problem.

Offline Stickly Man!

• Ulysses Team Member
  • What even IS software anymore?
    • XGUI
« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2014, 12:59:17 PM »
Isn't this more of an issue with prop protection? Either way, ULX doesn't really have any control over this- we just assign people to groups, the "superadmin" and "admin" groups and anything that inherit from them will be given those special permissions which most everything Garrysmod uses.
Join our Team Ulysses community discord! https://discord.gg/gR4Uye6

Offline ChaosWolf

• "The Exiled One's" Server Owner
« Reply #6 on: August 24, 2014, 03:37:06 PM »
I think I might still be able to help you. what game mode are you hosting?
"Someone once told me, scripting lua is like trying to build a rocket ship, once your finished with it and think your done, you start it up only to realize you had just built it upside down." ~Programmer