Author Topic: XGUI Issues  (Read 2879 times)

Offline TheSouthernSanta

XGUI Issues
« on: September 15, 2015, 02:48:43 AM »
Hey all.
I'm using ulx on my server and for a while now i have had issues with my XGUI not autoupdating server data after i input something. i have to manually click refresh data on it. This is irritating for me and my staff who want to change things in ulx, group perms, teams ect. and updating to the latest version did not help either. This has nothing to do with the fact that i'm using the MySql Ulx Authenticator by Mr. President. this was happening before i started trying to rely on MySql. If anyone could help me on this issue that would be great, so far i'm the only one who has this problem from what i could find with my trusty pal Google.

Thanks
TheSouthernSanta

Offline JamminR

• Ulysses Team Member
  • Sertafide Ulysses Jenius
    • Team Ulysses [ULib/ULX, other fine releases]
Re: XGUI Issues
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2015, 03:11:19 PM »
Just to make sure, please clarify, what do you mean by "updating the latest version"?
Both ULib and ULX from github, correct?
"Though a program be but three lines long, someday it will have to be maintained." -- The Tao of Programming

Offline TheSouthernSanta

« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2015, 11:24:07 PM »
Just to make sure, please clarify, what do you mean by "updating the latest version"?
Both ULib and ULX from github, correct?

Correct. I am using the updated Github version, i updated via SVN. I was on a version that did not include the !return command. Today i do plan to add UTimeM (Patched Version).

Update: Successful but no matter what i still have that issue. even though just changing everything to sql shouldn't be affecting this at all xD
« Last Edit: September 16, 2015, 03:06:40 AM by TheSouthernSanta »

Offline JamminR

• Ulysses Team Member
  • Sertafide Ulysses Jenius
    • Team Ulysses [ULib/ULX, other fine releases]
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2015, 03:13:50 PM »
That all depends on the calls that MrP's code uses after it's updated SQL data.
Unfortunately, I do not have the set up you have, nor time to implement, and would require that any testing be done without any SQL modifications you've made.

Do you get any console errors, server console or otherwise?

I'd really be curious if this happened without any SQL addons, as it sounds like a hook or other function is grabbing xgui input and not letting go and allowing XGUI client side (or server) refresh.
I know you stated 'this was happening before' you went SQL, but, honestly, I do know that XGUI sometimes did that, and was fixed some time ago.

Have you tried removing all addons but ULib and XGUI, and added one or two back at a time?
And what gamemode? DarkRP?

"Though a program be but three lines long, someday it will have to be maintained." -- The Tao of Programming

Offline TheSouthernSanta

« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2015, 10:41:43 PM »
That all depends on the calls that MrP's code uses after it's updated SQL data.
Unfortunately, I do not have the set up you have, nor time to implement, and would require that any testing be done without any SQL modifications you've made.

Do you get any console errors, server console or otherwise?

I'd really be curious if this happened without any SQL addons, as it sounds like a hook or other function is grabbing xgui input and not letting go and allowing XGUI client side (or server) refresh.
I know you stated 'this was happening before' you went SQL, but, honestly, I do know that XGUI sometimes did that, and was fixed some time ago.

Have you tried removing all addons but ULib and XGUI, and added one or two back at a time?
And what gamemode? DarkRP?

This problem only occured a couple of weeks ago.
I have had no console errors, i would guess this is all client side as (if i'm correct) after every change you make in xgui, the xgui client script is supposed to call back the information, it does not do this until after i hit refresh server data from my end.

I haven't tried readding all my addons as i have an extensive list of over 70 addons.
The only lua errors i get are from the [PROTOTYPE] Sweps but i gather that is a given now and totally ignore them.

I am running a sandbox server, this server is always up. Sadly I would do some testing with you but i've found out the gap in our timezones.

Offline MrPresident

• Ulysses Team Member
    • |G4P| Gman4President
« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2015, 01:16:44 AM »
Which version of my SQL auth are you using?
I don't know if it is compatible with XGUI.

MySQL stores data differently than the tables, but if you're using my most recent one, it might work properly.

Offline TheSouthernSanta

« Reply #6 on: September 17, 2015, 12:57:03 PM »
Quote from: MrPresident
Which version of my SQL auth are you using?
I don't know if it is compatible with XGUI.

MySQL stores data differently than the tables, but if you're using my most recent one, it might work properly.

as i was saying, this was happening before i changed to mysql, so im not so sure it is the mysql authenticator or mysqloo.
but im using the version on your post. the one on the top of the post.
http://forums.ulyssesmod.net/index.php/topic,7367.0/prev_next,prev.html#new

please note, this issue was happening to me BEFORE switching to mysql

Offline MrPresident

• Ulysses Team Member
    • |G4P| Gman4President
« Reply #7 on: September 17, 2015, 02:36:07 PM »
Okay, This version of the mySQL conversion of UCL should have no issues with XGUI anyway.
Stickly is the XGUI expert around here, maybe he'll have some advice (or a fix) for you.

Offline TheSouthernSanta

« Reply #8 on: September 18, 2015, 05:48:48 AM »
ok, hopefully i can get advice about this. plz Mega Lord Stickly, Help me.

Offline TheSouthernSanta

« Reply #9 on: September 20, 2015, 09:56:48 PM »
bump, Stickly?? or someone with extensive knowledge about this xgui problem.

Offline Stickly Man!

• Ulysses Team Member
  • What even IS software anymore?
    • XGUI
« Reply #10 on: September 20, 2015, 10:32:49 PM »
It's very odd that XGUI would stop handling refreshes of data, but still let you "Refresh Server Data". Are you getting any ULX or ULib related errors from server startup to the time you're changing things?

Also, what specific data isn't refreshing? All of it? What about Cvars?

Just curious, try running this on your server console and send me the output:
Code: [Select]
lua_run PrintTable(xgui.activeUsers)
Join our Team Ulysses community discord! https://discord.gg/gR4Uye6

Offline TheSouthernSanta

« Reply #11 on: September 22, 2015, 02:18:47 PM »
Hi Stickly,

Yes, all data isn't being refreshed, even data from APromote and URS, I currently atm when typing this cannot log into gmod to print out an active users table but im sure that i will get around to it soon, As for server startup errors, i only get an error for ulx_fireworks, possibly im guessing thats an effect for ulx but other than that, nothing odd happens.