ULX

Author Topic: Commands, Maps, Settings, Bans, etc.  (Read 3008 times)

Offline WispySkies

• I make random commands and Lua errors.
Commands, Maps, Settings, Bans, etc.
« on: November 13, 2015, 04:42:37 PM »
As the title says, those are the top main tabs in !menu. Is it easily achievable to add a new tab there? I found this thread from 2013 but I did not want to bump it. (I also PM'd Sticky on the 5th, no reply  :-[) http://forums.ulyssesmod.net/index.php/topic,6760.0.html

Offline JamminR

• Ulysses Team Member
  • Sertafide Ulysses Jenius
    • Team Ulysses [ULib/ULX, other fine releases]
Re: Commands, Maps, Settings, Bans, etc.
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2015, 07:05:28 PM »
I'm not experienced in GUI at all, but, if you take a peek at every XGUI file in the ulx addons/ulx/lua/xgui folder,  Stickly was nice enough to make a file for each of the main XGUI tabs (commands, groups, maps, settings, maps, ...)
Looking at the top few lines of each of those, it seems reasonably easy to surmise what his library command is to create a tab.
Big hint - He calls it a "panel"
And, as I suggested in that other thread you refererenced , the link I provided to those TTT commands also use the same premise.

No, he's not documented xlib, his own personal library of stuff he noticed he kept using over and over in XGUI.
However, one could study and learn many functions of what his XLIB does for Xgui by looking at the 3 ulx client modules for xgui located in /addons/ulx/lua/ulx/modules/cl, including...ta-da...xlib.lua
"Though a program be but three lines long, someday it will have to be maintained." -- The Tao of Programming

Offline WispySkies

« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2015, 07:15:21 PM »
I'm not experienced in GUI at all, but, if you take a peek at every XGUI file in the ulx addons/ulx/lua/xgui folder,  Stickly was nice enough to make a file for each of the main XGUI tabs (commands, groups, maps, settings, maps, ...)
Looking at the top few lines of each of those, it seems reasonably easy to surmise what his library command is to create a tab.
Big hint - He calls it a "panel"
And, as I suggested in that other thread you refererenced , the link I provided to those TTT commands also use the same premise.

No, he's not documented xlib, his own personal library of stuff he noticed he kept using over and over in XGUI.
However, one could study and learn many functions of what his XLIB does for Xgui by looking at the 3 ulx client modules for xgui located in /addons/ulx/lua/ulx/modules/cl, including...ta-da...xlib.lua
Aye! :D Thank you.
Edit: That'll be a challenge not knowing what to change. I looked at it :p
« Last Edit: November 13, 2015, 07:21:07 PM by WispySkies »

Offline Stickly Man!

• Ulysses Team Member
  • What even IS software anymore?
    • XGUI
« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2015, 06:27:50 PM »
Yeah.. I still haven't had time to get around to it. :P I've bumped the documentation up on my TODO list and want to get (at least a very rudimentary) documentation out sometime this week. I'll keep you posted.
Join our Team Ulysses community discord! https://discord.gg/gR4Uye6

Offline WispySkies

« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2015, 10:58:00 PM »
Yeah.. I still haven't had time to get around to it. :P I've bumped the documentation up on my TODO list and want to get (at least a very rudimentary) documentation out sometime this week. I'll keep you posted.
Aye! Thanks you :D

Offline WispySkies

« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2016, 06:56:10 PM »
Not to rush you or bump this since its old but I didn't want to create a new thread. Stickly, any change on this?
« Last Edit: January 07, 2016, 07:11:40 PM by JamminR »

An Error Has Occurred!

array_keys(): Argument #1 ($array) must be of type array, null given